You already know Dublin is home to the biggest St. Paddy's Day party in the world...but what does that really mean? Here's EF College Break's St. Paddy's Day Survival Guide for those of you headed to Ireland.
1. On March 17 the entire city of Dublin transforms into a massive party... a party SO BIG people travel from all over the world to attend. Festivities officially kick off at noon for the parade, but the streets start filling up much earlier than that. Definitely claim your spot by 11 a.m at the latest. We reccomend going to bed early the night before, you'll be glad you did.
2. Drink Guinness. Today is not a day for cranberry vodkas or frat-party beer.
3. But don't drink TOO much Guinness. It's easy to get carried away in the Irish spirit, but you don't want to be that guy/girl who has to leave the party mid-afternoon because they went a little too hard.
4. Make a plan. With over 500,000 of your closes friends crowded around you, it's easy to lose track of the people you came with. Agree to meet at a certain landmark at a certain time in case you get separated.
5. Wear green. Do we even need to tell you this? C'mon guys.
So get in the spirit, stay safe, and have fun! Also, don't forget to send us your pictures via Twitter or Instagram using #EFCollegeBreak. We'll show off the best shots, and you'll be the envy of all our followers.
YOU SHOULD BE HERE